Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The next two weekends should prove to be pretty fun filled and interesting.

Next weekend, May 2nd I will be headed to Chicago to hangout with some great friends and listen to great music. I'm going to be going to the Horse Feathers show and I am so excited about it. I just got their new album in the mail the other day and can't stop listening to it.

The weekend after that, May 9th I will be doing a Wems race up in Green Bay. For anyone that may not know what that is: its a 12 hour mountain bike race. I'll be doing it on either a 3 person or 4 person team. During the race you generally will ride for three hours, one hour out on the lap, wait while your team mates are out, go out again, wait, etc.

Other than that I've just been sitting around, still doing around 11 miles a day, and occasionally doing around 20 mile, rides weather depending.

This past weekend I went to MKE and tried to do a 60 mile road ride with other members of Team Pegasus. Yeah...that didn't work to well for me. I am definitly not up to the calibur they all are, and on top of that, I was riding clipless (haven't done that in a year), and on a road bike (haven't ridden gears in longer), I also forgot my inhaler (ugh duh), so after around 5 or so miles I headed back. I felt terrible for constantly making the team slow down/stop so I could catch up, so it was probably for the best that I just dropped and left. My goal someday is to be able to keep up, but I know thats a long way off, especially with leaving the state/country every few months.
I did save a turtle on the way back to the car though, so that was good. Spent the rest of the day reading and sitting in the sun, so overall it was an okay day.

No comments: