Monday, November 3, 2008

It was a bash, an Antarctic Mash.

Halloween has come and gone here at McMurdo Station. Things were fun, many laughs were had. Here are some highlights of this holiday:

I came home one day to a Zombie attack warning on my door. It was later made even better by someone (naming no names) writing in on Zombie Saunas.

The Haunted house! Yes. Antarctica had a Haunted house, and it was actually really awesome, even better than some I've gone to back home. I even got tickled. Many laughs were had and even a few screams.

I got to go to work in my costume! Albeit it was a serve safe version (i.e. no feathers, head-wrap, non-slip shoes) but I got to do it none-the-less. It was great and it was getting so many fun comments all day. For those of you that don't know I went as a Warrior from the movie The Warriors. Soooo good. I still don't have a picture of the back patch on my leather vest, but I'll get that real soon.

The costume party!! Man that was so much fun, and hilarious!! We drank a few beers and were on our way to the bash. It was pretty cold getting there, especially since none of us wore jackets, but whateves it was totally worth it. I danced like no other, and lived it up. Here are a few photos from there:


this is me and danny


this is Alex, Kendra, Chris, and T-Rav


I was so stoked about this guy! He was dressed up as a Baseball Furie, and if you've ever seen the Warriors he's from one of the gangs my gang fights!!!!


me dancing


Davey and Travis on the walk to the bar

All in all it was a great night and I had so much fun. Yay for Halloween! People here really go all out for it in their costumes, which was great.

And now I'm on holiday, so I had yesterday and today off. We get our holiday now since we have to work on Thanksgiving, which is kind of a bummer but oh well its gotta be done.

Yesterday I went for a nice walk by myself and wen't over to Hut point and saw the seal thats been there for a while. It was nice to see an animal, since I haven't in about three weeks.


me hanging out on top of Hut Point


Its hard to makeout but that black blob is the seal.


So yup that's the skinny on things thus far. I'm now going to go and relax a bit more on my day off! Till next time!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Keep these comin', girl