Friday, March 20, 2009

Well, well, well...look who's back on the blog. As if anyone hadn't noticed or couldn't tell, I am bad at keeping things such as this updated. At some point down at the ice I was more interested in living the experiences and much less enthused in writing about them. Silly as that may be, trust me its how I tend to be at times (ask my mom).
But here I am, giving this blog a second chance, perhaps a second life.
I make no promises that this will be continually updated either, but I will really do my best, and that's really all one can ask for isn't it?

Ah well, anyways onto different business. I am back from the Ice. Yes, I survived my first season, and left wanting more.
I spent about a week in New Zealand, hanging out with good friends, eating fresh food, and seeing birds and puppies and kitties. Everything I was hoping for and more. I watched a guy do a basketball street show in Cathedral Square, at Burger King as my first meal when we got to NZ (it was the only place open I swear), and got to live in a concussed world--story on that real quick....

Two days before I was to leave the continent, I was sleeping in Bens room, when his alarm went off that morning I somehow ended up falling out of his bed --it was about 5+ feet off the ground), and fell directly on my head (or so we presume). I ended up going back to sleep, but thankfully waking up, going to work, and I honestly have no recollection of any of it. My dear friend Kendra brought me to medical, they concluded it was a concussion and I was sent home and told I didn't have to work the next day, my day off. How lovely. Now I don't remember much of that or really even parts of my time in NZ, though I'm sure it was all grand.

--back to the main story.
The sad day came when I had to say goodbye to Ben. It was a bummer, but we had gotten to spend three days together in NZ which was more than we originally planned for. I spent my last few days with dear Sarah Bear and Tim, we rented a car with our friend Danny, and had our Sketchy car trip 09' which will forever live in my memory, and in video form.
Then I flew back to MKE, after 24+ hours of flying, I landed, shed some tears over my lost luggage, hugged my best friend holly and set out for Jimmy Johns and a grocery store (!!!)

Now I am back in Manitowoc, sitting at my parents house, thinking about all the people I dearly miss, wondering what will happen next, and mainly when I will get to go back to the ice.

So far I get to officially apply for two positions, coincidentally the two I really wanted, so my fingers are crossed for those. (!)

Now for the summer plans. I can't just sit around on my parents lazy boy all summer, first...that would get very very boring very quick (as in now), and second I just don't have the money to afford such a lifestyle...soo its off to different places and new adventures called....

Alaska! I got a job up there for the summer in Denali.

I think its grand that I will have gone from the bottom of the world, to almost the top of it, and hopefully right back down to the bottom. What more could a kid want?

well, that's all for now, I will really do my best to keep everyone posted on updates and life in general.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

lost luggage? did you ever get it back?

Shawn Small said...

I am glad you are writing again. I love living through your writing and photography!

Visit Portland!

kat said...

yeah it arrived a day later, thankfully.

aww thanks shawnzyoo! I miss you terribly, If I don't end up going to Alaska this summer I'm going to use some of the xtra moneys i have saved up and come visit yous!