Thursday, May 28, 2009

Arraasska i is here.

Well I suppose this blog could be re-named Kat-laska...but that's going a little far.
I'm on my 9th full day here, and I absolutely love it.
In case any of you didn't pick it up from the other post (maybe I didn't even write it...who knows), I am now working at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, and its amazing.
This place is so great, we take in injured and orphaned animals, and rehabilitate them and either set them back in the wild or they get to live here for everrr. I work in the gift shop/ticket booth/ cook in the snack bar. The cooking is my favorite though because behind me in the open air snack bar is the owl enclosure so I end up sitting and talking to them for a while.

But yeah things are great. We just got two baby mooses here yesterday and today, and they are adorable! There's also another orphaned moose named jack that they took in last year, and they all live up by the bunk house, so when I go to shower/laundry I get to go by them and pet them. Picts soon I promise.

I live in a pretty sweet cabin across the street from the center....well its more like down a really long road across the street but its tight none the less. I even have my own outhouse (no running water in the place, though we did just get internet). Its nice though, and the two boys I work with live a few cabins away from mine, so we hangout like every night. They are pretty tight guys for sure.

I'm feeling kind of lazy at the moment so I'm not going to put any photos up, but I promise I will put them up soon, I just found out I have the next like four days off, so there will be plenty of down time for surez.

I'm going on a hike tomorrow, so I'll post about how that goes.

No comments: