Thursday, October 9, 2008

It can't all be smooth sailing...

In an oh too familiar turn of events, our plane got delayed. It was very reminiscent of the Three lost bears head to Ireland trip of May 08', but thankfully instead of it being three of us delayed on our travels it was 45 of us, which is much more re-assuring. We had already been at LAX for about four hours when we were told that our airplane was having issues. We were then moved to a different gate and told that it would be a while before the plane was fixed, as in another three or so hours. I easily passed the time with the new friends I have acquired along the trip, (they are all quite excellent!!) we hung out, watched movies on my computer (its been an airport lifesaver for Jeremy and I), and ate the snack packs that the airline provided us. Finally at around 1 a.m. we finally were able to embark on our trip. They packed everyone on buses and took us over to the airplane.

This by far was thee most comfortable plane ride I have ever had the pleasure of experincing. My seat was on the aisle, and not only that but we had a wall in front of us, which meant we had way more leg room than everyone, and we could stretch out and put our legs up on the wall to sleep. So nice. I watched a few movies/tv shows and drifted off to sleep at around 11 Sydney time, in preperation for the next day. I even managed to get around 7 hours of sleep. Yay!
Then we arrived in Sydney and had to hassel our way through customes, getting a day visa for the country, and were wisked away to our hotel rooms at a really nice hotel, mmm showers and free food. So good.



During the free lunch, Alicia (i think thats how you spell her name), and I decided to take an adventure. We had about 3 hours before we had to leave for the hotel, so she and I exchanged some money for aussi and headed out to see the Opera house. A pretty easy train ride later we arrived, we saw, we concqured, okay maybe not that, but we did see a guy playing a diggerido, which was tight. Then we got back on the train, only later realizeing it was the wrong one, and made a quick switch over and all was good, we had to run a bit but it was totally cool.



Got to the airport, forgot I had water, had to chug said water at security, and headed to wait for the plane. Jeremy and I decided to watch Knocked Up, resulting in some very awkward moments with others around us, got on the plane and headed to New Zealand! I had a window seat finaly so I got to say goodbye to Australia as we headed over the Ocean.
Got to Christchurch at around 1 a.m., got to my hotel and fell right asleep.

No comments: